Chairman: Ron Woods
Explore and Eat is an activity that is open to all Branch 8 SIRs and their significant others whereby we search out those hidden gems and unique places in the Bay Area to investigate in more detail as to just what makes them so special.
There are several criteria that go into the selection of a site:
- First of all, it must be accessible by private car or public transportation.
- Second, it should fall within the geography of Santa Rosa to the north, Fairfield to the east, and San Jose to the south.
- Third, it must be able to handle a group of 30 to 40 and provide a docent or tour leader to add more insight.
- Fourth, the activity should not be too strenuous and should be of 60 to 90 minutes in duration.
- Finally, there must be a restaurant or eating establishment nearby where the group can enjoy a quality lunch at a reasonable price.
Depending on availability, Explore and Eat will usually take place on the fourth Friday of the month.
updated 2/19/2016 ds