SIR Branch 8
Activity Coordinating Committee
ROLES AND TASKS
What is The Activity Coordinating Committee ACC)?
The ACC Member:
- Is presently or has prior experience as an Activity Chairman or Co-Chairman
- Is Knowledgeable of the people and resources in Branch 8 to assist a New Activity Chairman, including the use of AMS and the “SIR Branch 8 Handbook for New Chairmen” (Click here for handbook)
- Functions as a resource to assist the New Activity Chairman to be successful in running his Activity.
The Four Primary Tasks of the ACC Member are:
- Establish a positive, personal relationship with New Activity Chairman:
- Help the New Activity Chairman to develop a plan to kick-off their Activity:
- Assist the New Activity Chairman in obtaining any resources required:
- Assist the New Activity Chairman in interacting with the leadership and structure of SIR Branch 8
Roadmap to being a Successful ACC Member:
Every New Activity Chairman will have a different level of experience with Branch 8 and with being in a leadership role, so the ACC Member should customize his approach to the unique needs of each New Activity Chairman.
Things to consider are:
- Work with the New Activity Chairman to agree on the role he needs an Advisor to play
- Help the New Activity Chairman establish goals and timeline for their Activity
- Act as an advisor to the New Activity Chairman and his Assistant Chairman to get their Activity up and running
- Stay in touch with the New Activity Chairman and be responsive to his needs
- After the New Activity Chairman is able to lead their Activity on his own, have a closing meeting to evaluate both your experiences.
SIR Branch 8 – Activity Coordinating Committee Member
Position Description – Roles and Responsibilities
The Activity Coordinating Committee will report to Branch 8 Branch Executive Committee.
Provide direction, tools, encouragement & support (i.e. helping to update their webpage, using AMS, recruiting new members) to the Activity Chairman to help them be successful.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Send monthly email request to the Activity Chairmen for any update announcements re their activities.
- Send monthly reminder email to Activity Chairmen to forward their Activity(S) articles to the Hotline Editors.
- Create a monthly activity status report for BEC meetings and the ACC hotline article.
- Maintain and publish Alphabetic Activity List.
- Provide support for the development of new activities.
- Coordinate sharing of activities with nearby Sir branches
- Coordinate on-going Activity Chairman’s status meetings.
- Computer proficiency.
- Leadership experience.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational know-how.
- People skills.
- Collaboration talents.
- Problem-solving abilities.
updated 04/25/23 – MLF